6.16.2008

mess

Can someone please tell me why they can't make childproof caps for bubbles? I was inside doing the dishes after dinner and the kids were happily playing in the garage. I suddenly realized it got kind of quiet out there and, as most of you know, quiet is not good. I also noticed Lizzie running in and out quite a lot. Sooo, I walked out to see what was going on and this is what I found...So, in case you didn't know already, the inside garage floor is some special kind of cement that gets really slippery when wet, I mean it is so bad it is like ice. You can imagine now how slippery it would be not only wet but with bubbles all over it. The kids thought it would be fun to make footprints all over the floor. I had to get the hose and wash out all the soap into the driveway, there were lots of suds but the kids did smell nice.

We also had some unexpected entertainment when our field got plowed last week. We were waking up from our naps and heard loud sounds out back and saw this huge machine cutting the wheat. Then they went back and made rows of hay that they later baled into huge blocks. It was a cool process to watch (until Saturday night when apparently the last step is to fertilize the soil--lovely, it still stinks today as I write this).

Today I came home after publishing this and I was wrong. It didn't smell bad at all this weekend, nothing compared to how aweful it smells today. Oh...and our fly problem has now exploded with the new addition to the field.

Hannah watching the action
We are doing a little "farming" ourselves, unfortunately we harvested a little too early.
the hay baler
Jackson watching
the huge bale of hay
just to give you perspective, that is our play set next to that huge machine
Quote of the day: Lizzie and I were having a "discussion" before her nap about whether or not 5 year olds take naps. She informed me that her friend told her they do not and of course I said, "My mom made me take naps/have quiet time when I was 5, now I am telling you to take a nap/have quiet time and I am sure you will do the same for your kids when they are 5." To which Lizzie replied, "I am going to let my children do whatever they want!!"

No comments:

Contributors