5.24.2008

2 weeks left...

As you all know, I have been working 25 hours a week for the past 8 weeks to cover for my friend/co-worker, Tanya, while she took a long-term sub position at school. She wanted to try it to see if it is where God wanted her or if He wanted her to stay at church (more in depth than that, but you get the idea). Anyway, she has decided to stay at church and in 2 weeks will take back her full duties and I can go back to my normal hours (they were 15, but will be 20 now). I know it sounds stupid that it is only an extra 10 hours I added per week, but it is crazy. I feel awful that I have, many a day, not given the kids the attention they need. I will be so glad to give back even the 5 extra hours. What a huge difference that will make in my week!!

A lot has been going on here. Besides all the extra work, we have manged to start potty training Jackson (which is going much better now, I think we almost have it), Lizzie finished up school and is excited to start Kindergarten (she thought it started the next day after preschool and sadly I had to report she had to wait 3 months), Hannah is now the fearless step descender and climber (on her belly of course) and she even climbs the ladder to the play set and goes down the slide herself--very funny!! Oh...and I roasted a 20 pound turkey yesterday for 9 HOURS, and then made turkey soup today!! For someone who hates cooking, it was a big deal and it actually tasted really good :)!!

Joe took the kids on a "nature walk" today on a trail outside our town. They had fun looking at the birds and chipmunks and each took a turn with the camera. Her are some photos from that.



I love the swinging arms in this one
looks like they were chasing a chipmunk
Quote of the day: "I like your lips!!" Jackson said to a friend of the family who was over visiting today. She had on lipstick and I guess he liked it.

No comments:

Contributors