7.03.2008

cat

We have a new outside pet named Stormy, Kitty, Cloudy depending on who is calling her. She showed up at the barn next to us and looked very scared and thin. We decided to give her a little of our left over steak and ended up giving her a lot of leftovers. The poor thing was starving. We then realized this was bad news. She was ours. She laid on our deck for hours meowing and resting. She came back in the morning and I fed her leftover eggs. She hung around all day and I hated to touch her, but I did to try and remove a tick I noticed on her ear. The kids have been warned not to even let her touch them.

She is so sad. She was some one's pet because she is declawed, but I thinks she is sick because she meows all the time and has patches of hair missing and is soooo thin. I called the humane league and they said I could bring her in. I will on Saturday, but first we actually got her some cat food and have been feeding her regularly. She is so skittish and we have a neighbor outdoor cat that is a big bully and has been scaring her away. I even tried to shoo him off today and he actually batted me with his paw and cut my leg, meany!!

Here she is :( She has beautiful yellow/green eyes!!
Quote of the day: Totally unrelated to the post...Jackson said in his mean voice as Lizzie was annoying him, "Lizzie you're a ricer!!" Lizzie asks, "What's a ricer?" Jackson replies, "You eat rice." Hummm.

1 comment:

*shell* said...

Awww cute kitty. The kids are really growing fast...unbelievable how fast they change even from a few months ago when we visited.

Contributors