1.02.2008

trips to the doctor.

This morning I was playing with Hannah after she had just woken up and I noticed a gross sore on her hand at the base of her thumb. Of course, right away I thought of MRSA, so I called my nursey mom and asked her what she thought. She, of course, told me to call the pediatrician's office to ask what they thought. I did, and the nurse told me because of her age and possible infection, she needed to be seen today. Thankfully, Joe was able to come home and stay with Lizzie and Jackson because apparently the office was inundated with sick kids today. I knew it would be a long visit. In the mean time, Joe was feeling worse with his cough and decided to make an appointment for himself.

We finally saw the doctor 30 minutes after I was in the room waiting. She examined her hand, diaper rash (which, by the way, is awful. I just can't get it cleared up), and her congestion. Apparently, her antibiotic did not do the trick the other week and she still has an ear infection and the doctor prescribed a stronger one for her to get rid of the infections on her hand and in her ear.

So...now she is on more medicine and we are hoping it will do the trick. I do not like the fact that she now has been on two antibiotics at 9 months. She is leading the way with most trips to the doctor so far.

Joe found out he has an upper respiratory infection and is on meds for that. I hope this is it for the winter. The rest of us are still struggling with colds and coughs but that's it.

No comments:

Contributors